2 years ago after my husband and I moved into our first house, my mother (Elena, CEO of TMK) came to visit and noticed immediately that we did not have any melamine dishes! A few hours later, after searching long and hard at many stores, she came home from shopping with two sets. One was a round green set to match our kitchen. The other was a square black set that has turned out to be my husband’s trusty set of grill-ware. He has used that set for the last two years every time he cooks outside, and for any of his creations in our kitchen. However, lately it has been replaced by a new square grey set (pictured above) of The Melamine Kitchen brand dishes.
He gave me 8 reasons why he loves melamine dishes so much. If you haven’t bought a set for your husband yet, you will want to after hearing these! And don’t worry about going on a hunt like my mom did. Shop online and have it delivered to your doorstep!
- I don’t feel like I have to be extra careful with them.
- I can put a lot of food on a melamine plate, set it down on a hard table and know that it’s not going to break or chip on me.
- I like how light and sturdy they are, because then you can carry a lot more meat on a plate without it killing your hand when walking around.
- It’s nice that they are durable so that when you’re cutting food with a knife it doesn’t cut through your plate like it would if you were using paper or styrofoam.
- My friends are important to me, so I like to serve them food on high quality dishes instead of typical paper or plastic plates that you usually see at bbqs.
- They don’t stain and they wash off really easy.
- You can put hot meat on them, fresh off the grill, and it won’t fuse to the plate.
- The curved edges of The Melamine Kitchen brand plates make them so easy to carry.